Apr 22, 2010

My Worth

In a brief conversation, a man asked me; a woman he was pursuing, the following question, "What kind of man are you looking for?"

I sat quietly for a moment before looking him in the eye and asking "Do you really want to know?"

Reluctantly, he said "Yes."

I began to explain...


"As a woman in this day and age, I am in a position to ask a man what can HE do for me that I can't do for myself? I pay my own bills. I take care of my needs without the help of any man...or woman for that matter. I am in the position to ask, "What can you bring to the table?"

The man looked back at me. Clearly he thought that I was referring to money. But I was quick to correct his thought and stated, "I am not referring to money. I need something more. I need a man who is striving for perfection in every aspect of life. "

He sat back in his chair, folded his arms, and asked me to explain.

I took a long breath and said "I am looking for someone who is striving for perfection mentally because I need conversation and mental stimulation. I don't need a simple-minded man.

I am looking for someone who is striving for perfection spiritually because I don't need to be unequally yoked...believers mixed with non believers is a recipe for disaster.

I need a man who is striving for perfection financially because I don't need a financial burden.

I am looking for someone who is sensitive enough to understand what I go through as a woman, but strong enough to keep me grounded.

I am looking for someone who I can respect. In order to be submissive, I must respect him. I cannot be submissive to a man who isn't taking care of his own business. I have no problem being submissive...he just has to be worthy. Woman was meant to be a helpful mate for man. I can't help a man if he can't help himself.

When I had finished my 2 cents, I looked at him. He sat there with a puzzled look on his face. He said, "You are asking a lot."

I smiled and replied, "I'm worth a lot."